Terms of Service.
Please be sure of your plans before booking. We are a small surf camp, dealing mostly with advance reservations. Date changes and cancellations affect us dramatically.
All bookings are made with The Original Tofino Surf Camp (us/we) which holds Consumer Protection BC Travel Agency License #65692. By booking and paying for services with us you are deemed to have agreed to these Terms and Conditions (which constitutes the entire agreement between you and us) and we accept your booking and payment on this basis.
Pay 100% to book your spot.
Accepted Payment Methods
- Visa and MasterCard payments can be made through our online booking page or by calling 250.725.2202.
- Electronic bank transfers are also accepted. Please call 250.725.2202 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Receive a refund minus the applicable cancellation fee(s) when you cancel your trip 30 days or more before the start date of the service you have booked.
- Surf Camp: $59.00 per guest, per camp
- Surf Retreat Shared Room: $99CAD per guest, per retreat
- Surf Retreat Private Room: $149CAD per guest, per retreat
- Refundable KD Air R/T Vancouver to Tofino Airfare: $29CAD per passenger
No refunds are provided if you cancel your booking 29 days or less before the start date of the service. If the camp/retreat you are cancelling is full and a has wait list we are happy to provide a refund (less the applicable cancellation fee) if and when your space is filled by someone else.
Please Note: It is important that you have adequate travel insurance to cover any amounts that cannot be refunded to you in the event of a cancellation. The most common reason for last minute cancellations are personal injury or a death in the family, so we advise you to check that your insurer will cover you in these instances.
If your stay at Tofino Surf Camp has to be cancelled by us but due to reasons beyond our control (a natural disaster, for example), we are not liable for any refunds or travel costs so it’s also important that your travel insurance should cover “operator cancellations”, which most standard policies do.
Changing Your Retreat/Camp Dates
If you wish to change the date of your booking, you are able to do so up to 60 days before the start date of the camp you originally booked. Changes are subject to availability.
Dates changes made 59 days or less before the start date of your camp can only be made if we are able to resell the place(s) being held for you. Please read our Cancellation Policy above for complete details and administration fees.
There will be no discounts or refunds for missed or unused services resulting from voluntary or involuntary termination/departure from the surf camp (i.e. sickness, injury, death of a family member, etc.), missed bus/flights, late arrival or premature departure, or any other reason(s) whatsoever.
Mandatory Minimum Group Size
We require a minimum of 4 guests for a surf camp week to be held and reserve the right to cancel a camp if this minimum number is not reached. If a camp is cancelled due to low enrollment, we will provide guests with appropriate notice of the cancellation and will assess a full refund of camp fees without charging any cancellation or administration fees. We are not responsible for any other losses due to low enrollment cancellations, so it’s also important that your travel insurance should cover “operator cancellations”.
Pricing & Surcharges
Pricing is based on Canadian Dollars at the time of booking and payment.
Though highly unlikely, The Original Tofino Surf Camp reserves the right to impose surcharges within 60 days of a camp start date as a result of unforeseen transportation or operation costs.
In the event of a price increase, The Original Tofino Surf Camp will cover the cost of the first 2%, with the client responsible for the balance. In the event of a price increase of more than 15%, clients will be provided with the option of a full refund if cancellations are received within 14 days of notice of increase.
All discounts and reduced pricing are applied at the sole discretion of The Original Tofino Surf Camp. The Original Tofino Surf Camp may offer reduced pricing on selected trips. Note that reduced pricing applies only to new bookings. Bookings that have already been secured with a deposit are locked into their original pricing and are not entitled to the reduced pricing.
Client details (including contact information, health card and health insurance information, physical sizing, pre-existing medical conditions, essential medications to be carried with you on your trip, 2 emergency contacts, allergies and limitation) will be collected on the surf camp registration form. Your name, contact info, height, weight, and shoe size will be provided to 3rd parties for equipment sizing; however, all other information will be kept private and held in confidentiality.
Passports & Visas
- It is the responsibility of any clients visiting from outside Canada to ensure that they are in possession of a valid passport (6 months validity beyond return date) prior to arrival in Tofino.
- It is the responsibility of the client to ensure that they are in possession of the correct visas, permits or certifications prior to arrival in Tofino.
- It is in no way the responsibility of The Original Tofino Surf Camp if clients are refused entry due to a lack the correct travel documentation.
- It is mandatory for all non-Canadian clients to have sufficient travel medical insurance, which should be taken out at the time of booking.
- At a minimum, coverage should:
Protect against personal accident, death, medical expenses, emergency repatriation and personal liability
Have a minimum of $1 Million (CAD) coverage
Acceptance of Risk
You acknowledge that the nature of the trip is adventurous and participation involves a degree of personal risk. Your vacation package will include activities which present dangers and physical challenges that are likely greater than those present in your daily life. You acknowledge that your decision to participate in activities is made in full consideration of this information and you accept and assume the personal risks attendant upon such activities.
Flexibility & Change of Itinerary
The itinerary provided is a representation of the activities that The Original Tofino Surf Camp provides, but is understood that the schedule, itinerary, amenities and modes of transport are subject to change or alteration without prior notice based on local circumstances or events. While we strive to ensure that all trips are operated as described, The Original Tofino Surf Camp reserves the right to change the trip itinerary.
If any major changes are made prior to commencement clients will be informed as soon as possible. A major change is one where at least two in five days is affected. The Original Tofino Surf Camp reserves the right to make major changes to the itinerary after commencement due to local circumstances or events outside of our control.
The Original Tofino Surf Camp guides and partner instructors and guides run all groups. The decisions of the guides are final on all matters likely to affect the safety or well-being of any clients participating in the trip. If clients fail to comply with the decisions of guide or instructors, or interferes with the well-being of the group, the guide/instructor may order you to leave the trip immediately with no right of refund. We reserve the aforementioned rights to refuse, cancel, and/or discontinue service at any time during the trip.
You must at all times comply with the laws, customs, and drug regulations of Canada and the province of British Columbia. If you are affected by any condition, medical or otherwise, that might affect other people’s enjoyment of the tour, you must advise us at the time of booking. Should you fail to comply with the above or commit any illegal act when on the tour or, if in the opinion of the tour leader, your behaviour is causing or is likely to cause danger, distress or annoyance to others, we may terminate your travel arrangements without any liability on the our part and you will not be entitled to any refund for unused or missed services or costs incurred resulting from the termination of the travel arrangements.
Harassment and/or assault of any kind committed against surf camp guests, guides, instructors, or anyone else associated with Tofino Surf Camp is not tolerated.
Limitation of Liability
We contract with a network of companies, government agencies and individuals to assist in the running of our vacation packages as agent for these third parties. We are not responsible for the acts and omissions of these third parties.
To the fullest extent permitted by law:
- any liability for any loss, death, injury or damage which you may suffer (directly or indirectly) in connection with or arising out of your participation in a trip, or any breach of the Terms and Conditions, is excluded;
- you release us and our officers, employees, agents and representatives from any liability and expressly waive any claims you may have against us arising out of or in connection with your participation in a trip; and
- any condition or warranty which would otherwise be implied by law into these Terms and Conditions (Implied Warranty), is excluded.
- To the extent an Implied Warranty cannot be excluded, our liability in respect of the Implied Warranty is limited to (in our absolute discretion): (i) the provision of a similar trip to an equivalent value; or (ii) a refund of the total amount received by us from you in connection with your booking. Any claim by you is excluded to the extent that it is for indirect or consequential loss, loss of profits or economic loss, however it arises, or for indirect, special, punitive or exemplary damages.
Optional activities not included in the trip price do not form part of the trip or the contract. Any assistance provided by The Original Tofino Surf Camp in arranging optional activities in no way renders The Original Tofino Surf Camp liable for them.
Minimum: General Policy: For the majority of our vacation packages the minimum age is 18 years. Exceptions to this policy will be dealt with on a case by case basis and are subject to written approval by us. School or family groups with teachers, chaperones, or legal guardians are excepted from this policy.
Maximum: General Policy: For the majority of our trips we have no upper age limit though we remind you that our trips are physically demanding and a Medical Release form is required for all participants.
Errors & Omissions
Although The Original Tofino Surf Camp has made a concerted attempt to verify the accuracy of statements made in our trip documentation, including brochures, website and trip notes, we cannot be held responsible for any errors, omission or unintended misrepresentation that may occur.
Terms of Service updated: June 25, 2017